Our dynamic and growing school in the heart of Europe’s most vibrant city is looking for a new Head. The Berlin Bilingual School is a thriving independent German/English primary and secondary school with 370 students, offering a general course of education in central Berlin. We believe in an inclusive and innovative approach to providing education to mixed-age groups, and being open to people of all income levels. Our school also enjoys a high level of parental involvement. For the vacancy, the school invites applications from charismatic, qualified individuals with leadership experience who readily accept new challenges with vigour, and strive to develop the school in line with its mission statement.
Applicants will be interviewed (by skype or phone) in the week 12-16th June 2017. Short-listed candidates will be required to travel to Berlin for an interview on 29th or 30th June 2017.
- Assuming overall responsibility for educational matters at primary and secondary school (up to and including Abitur level), in close cooperation with the management team
- Managing staff, hiring teachers, and supporting newly employed staff
- Representing and developing the school in line with the mission statement (for more information, visit: mission-statement)
- Responsibility for communication within the school community
- Team building and professional development of the teachers
- Creating and coordinating teaching schedules and curricula as part of the framework directive for Berlin’s schools, the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), and the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (I/GCSE)
- Occasionally teaching classes and standing in for teachers in the primary and secondary school
- Working closely with the Hort management team.
- Management and leadership experience, including team building and school organization
- Considerable teaching experience, preferably with mixed-age groups
- Bilingual (German/English)
- Educational experience in an international setting
- Familiarity with innovative, mixed-age, inclusive and interdisciplinary teaching concepts
- Second State Examination (Zweites Staatsexamen), or comparable foreign degree
The potential candidate must submit a recent certificate of good conduct (erweitertes polizeiliches Führungszeugnis/DBS disclosure or equivalent) before the hiring process can be completed. Preference will be given to candidates with disabilities if all qualifications are otherwise equal.
Ms. Beatrix Weber
+49 (0)157 53654345
11th June 2017
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
by mail: Pfefferwerk Stadtkultur gGmbH
Abteilungsleitung Stadtteilarbeit | Schulen
Attn.: Monika Schaal
Fehrbelliner Straße 92
10119 Berlin, Germany