Head of Primary
BBS Primary is seeking to appoint a new Head of Primary School with a clear commitment to uphold our school’s vision!
Beginning 01 August 2023. Application deadline 30 June 2023.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Pedagogical responsibility for the primary school in close cooperation with the leadership team, in particular the deputy head of primary.
- Work in close collaboration with our leadership team to establish and implement our strategic vision for the primary school, now and in the future.
- Oversee all aspects related to the learning requirements of our students as set by the educational vision of the school.
- Help build upon the existing vision by ensuring the correct establishment of procedures to properly implement the goals of the school.
- Manage and coordinate daily operations at our primary school with approximately 25 pedagogical staff and 290 students from grades 1 through 6.
- Facilitate maintaining a collegial and friendly environment and lead curriculum development.
- Support professional development and guide our staff.
- Organize school assemblies and events to help build networks across the BBS community and foster further partnerships with schools and organizations.
- Represent BBS to network partners and participate at educational conferences.
- Identify problems relating to school effectiveness and develop realistic strategies for school improvement when necessary.
- Recruit staff according to the merit, ability, and suitability of the applicant.
- Second German state exam, Masters in education or equivalent degree.
- Several years of teaching experience and ideally leadership experience at a primary school.
- Thorough knowledge of school administrative processes and educational regulations.
- Knowledge of safeguarding regulations and diversity and inclusion guidelines.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Bilingualism (C1 German and/or English) and evidence of experience gained internationally.
Who you are
- You are able to approach the role with confidence, determination, an ability to exercise good judgement, and a sense of humour.
- You are passionate about teaching and learning.
- You are able to show empathy and sensitivity.
What we offer
- Salary based on TVL, EG14, full-time position.
- An opportunity to further develop your personal skills by taking advantage of our wide range of professional training possibilities and further education opportunities, thus opening up career opportunities for yourself.
- The compatibility of career and family through flexible working hours and the possibility of part-time employment within the framework of the needs of this opportunity.
- Various health management offers, such as Urban Sports, Jobrad and private pension.
How to apply
Please send your (electronic) application along with a letter of motivation as well as and the names and contacts of three referees to: email@example.com by 30th June. The interviews will take place from 30th June.
If you have any questions and you would like to receive a detailed job description, please contact Andrew Comerford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Who we are
Berlin Bilingual School is currently offering a unique opportunity to lead a team of highly dedicated teachers and support staff in providing a creative and inspiring educational experience at our small, community-based school.
BBS provides a bilingual education in English and German to a diverse student body comprised of over 30 different nationalities. We place emphasis on a creative and stimulating environment where the individual needs and capabilities of our students are placed at the centre of our learning approach. It is in this spirit that we are also strongly committed to providing an affordable education, where we make our best effort to accommodate the individual requirements of each family. Guided by the core values of diversity, tolerance, and acceptance, BBS aims to uphold the highest standards of academic rigour in offering a curriculum leading up to the German Abitur while giving every possible space to creativity and intellectual curiosity in the development of the critical thinking skills and spiritual growth of our students.
BBS was founded fourteen years ago upon the initiative of parents and, in 2017, was established as a gGmbH (a non-profit company with limited liability under German law). The structure currently includes both schools. Our new head will be working in a spirit of cooperation and inclusivity together with all member of the school community: teachers and students, parents, management and administration as well as external partners across both schools.
How to Apply
Please address your electronic application to email@example.com
Under Berlin state law we are only able to employ: Teachers who hold a university degree in primary/elementary school education and/or their QTS qualification. Without this qualification we are unable to offer any position, regardless of the applicants' experience. Qualifications such as TEFL or CELTA teacher are not adequate. Carers who have a relevant qualification in early childhood/nursery education. Without this qualification we are unable to offer any position, regardless of the applicants' experience.