As an international school, we seek to attract a diverse student population from many different cultural backgrounds. We also look for students who bring different talents, interests and academic abilities to the school. BBS assumes that parents who select the school put a high priority on education and are willing to involve themselves in their child’s school experience.
At our bilingual school, a good command of German and English is a prerequisite for admission, as students must be able to follow a school program taught in both languages.
Grade 1 / SCHOOL YEAR 2020-21
PLEASE NOTE: Admission for our first grade in 2020-21 is closed due to a high number of applicants. Any registrations will not be considered.
Grade 1 / SCHOOL YEAR 2021-22
The admissions process for first grade begins one year prior to enrolment:
- For first grade 2021-22, please register your child on our website as of 1st of August 2020 and no later than 20th of September 2020. Any registrations out with the registration period will not be considered.
- We will not consider children born after the 30th of September 2015.
- Please note that admission is not first-come, first-serve.
- You are cordially invited to attend our Open House on the 12th of September 2020, or arrange for an individual school tour with Ms. Correa: firstname.lastname@example.org (available throughout the year).
- Parents complete an application form and will then be contacted by the Admissions Office to a language assessment of the child on the 7th of November 2020. A non-refundable fee of 100.00 EUR applies.
- Parents of qualified applicants will be contacted for a personal interview (20th of November 2020 - 19th of February 2021).
- Decisions will be mailed to the parents in March 2021.
- Register online to express your interest or call the Admissions Office.
- Parents and students are invited to visit the school for an assessment / visiting day.
- Parents complete an application form and submit it along with a copy of the two most recent report cards.
- Parents are notified of acceptance or wait list status on an ongoing basis.
- We ask for your understanding, unfortunately there are only very few places left for the 2nd to 6th grade at our school.
Questions may be addressed to:
+49 (0) 30 443 83 244
Secondary School with Gymnasium (grades 7 - 13)
- Register online to express your interest
- Parents and students are invited to visit the school (assessment / visiting day)
- We will notify parents within two weeks whether their child is accepted at Berlin Bilingual School.
- We would like to invite you to our next Open House, 21st January 2021
- Registrations for the coming school year can be made until 31 March, after this date individual student applications may still be considered
- After you have filled out a detailed application form, you will receive an appointment for a talk as a parent and an appointment for a language assessment. We charge a non-refundable fee of 100.00 EUR for this.
- Parents complete an application form and submit it along with:
- A completed application form
- “Förderprognose” 6th grade, in case your application is for the coming 7th grade and you are going to a German school
- From 8th grade onwards, documentation on your second language
- The two most recent report cards
- Any other supporting material that might be helpful or relevant